OT: recommendations for laser colour printers

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Having done a bit more thinking and looking-around it would be useful to have this thing remote from the router. Once I add "wireless" or "802.11" to the search the choice becomes much narrower. Has anyone tried using a wireless print server with the HP or Ricoh printers?

Reply to
NoSpam

I've just changed the (low capacity) colour cartridges in my konica minolta

2350 also after 5 years. They had variously indicated empty for up to 3 years but still produced excellent results until a few months ago. I replaced them wit hhigh capacity ones, almost the price of the printer, but they should see me (or the printer) out.

I wouldn't go back to ink cartridges, the laser just /works/ when required without the ritual head cleaning required of inkjets.

The slightly better (but water soluble) results on photos using inkjets isn't worth it, professional colour prints can be got on line for very little dough!

Reply to
<me9

Printer with ethernet port plus a 'game' adaptor (wifi-ethernet bridge for connecting Xbox etc to wireless)? That keeps it all as network packets. A USB-wifi print server has to convert from IPP/LPR/JetDirect/etc to a USB data stream, and has the potential to introduce glitches (eg for features like checking the toner state). Better not to use USB at all for talking to printers.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I've had a HP 2605dn for a number of years at home, has been working perfectly so far, would recommend. I've tried third-party cartridges but had mixed results, will buy HP ones next time. They last for ages anyway.

Reply to
Alan Deane

Just to add my penneth worth..... Check out the folloing

up to this brand for our business printer mainly as I wanted a B&W cartridge with capacity and easy to refill. Big cartridges and business quality. Coulour one looks just as good and seems to tick all your boxes.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Now that is an excellent thought. Most of these printers have an ethernet interface and print server, so all I need to add is a wireless access point! Thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam

We've just bought a new Canon MG6150 scanner/printer and very good it is too. Wireless and Ethernet as well as USB, no LPT centronics 'tho;!...

Reply to
tony sayer