OT: Recession Coming

Either that or the calculator is not a particularly reliable guide. I haven't had anything larger than a £25 win and the average is taken over several years.

Reply to
Nightjar

So 1% expected over 1yr, and still only 5% (cumulative - so less than 1% AER) over 5yr.

Reply to
Adrian

Many Italian banks now in deep s*1t *right now* according to Bloomberg, so maybe they're worried about UK banks exposure to Italian banks' bad loan books...

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, what remains of it after inflation, yes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I have £20 of bonds and have won one £50 prize in 15 years.

Reply to
dennis

At least it's 2015 and 1975!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Quite. There's a whole generation of kids growing up now who think zero interest rates and zero inflation is normal. They're in for a very rude awakening in the future if they've borrowed heavily on that basis!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ditto.

Reply to
Huge

We won £25 this month, £75 last and £100 the month before. Hopefully this isn't a progression.

Reply to
Huge

Which is a constant harbinger of doom. I keep meaning to stop reading it.

Reply to
Huge

It's turning (ever further) into a broadsheet Wail.

Reply to
Adrian

You can't even read The Times without stumbling upon a tabloid style Outrage Bus special.

But at least the comments section tends to attract slightly less loonies compared to the Evening Standard. Perhaps because loonies don't want to pay the subscription?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Proportionate to holdings, you are doing much better than I am.

Reply to
Nightjar

Perhaps the progression wraps around and takes you to the top end :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

Oh I know that

The real reason is so unpalatable they they know that they can't say it

so they make up some bollox instead

tim

Reply to
tim.....

About last May one of my investment matured and I paid it into my NW current account.

The counter staff insisted on taking my details so that one of their "advisors" could contact me

which she did, and I ignored her.

I just knew that she would have told me that I should put my money in some so-and-so equity bond that couldn't fail to go up because the market "always does"

That would have ended well, wouldn't it (not - except for her, of course)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

En el artículo , Cursitor Doom escribió:

And the rate of inflation is... ?

Non-sequitur.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Cursitor Doom escribió:

Oh yes. They're in for a shock when we return to the days of 15% interest rates. Remind me again, which govt was that under... oh yes, a Tory one.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Nightjar escribió:

I've had several £100 and a couple of £250.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson