OT: PPE

When I worked in the NHS. Stuff was turned round in 24 hrs. That time could have been reduced.

Through time in the laundry was around 2 hrs.

Reply to
harry

I know how a hospital laundry worked. I also know you have snipped & ignored the bit of my question that gave you the current context:

"on the scale required to change them between *patients* in an epidemic of the current scale?"

Reply to
Robin

One of the nice things about being here is that you make me feel so young.

And I'm possibly the oldest person "in" our office.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You did the washing?

Reply to
bert

It depresses me that all the older people are so much younger than I feel

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Are you truly brain dead? Ten or fifteen tons of laundry went through every day. The only people handling it were the sorters where it entered the building. Everything else was automated except limited handling in the finishing process.

Reply to
harry

The isolation was mostly for TB. A disease actually quite hard to catch. You just had to get well on your own, there was no cure back then. It sometimes took months. When a cure arrived, isolation hospitals disappeared.

Reply to
harry