OT: Pioneer & astra steering wheel controls

Sorry for the off topic post . I have already posted this to the appropriate news groups with no real help, any way thought I would try uk.d-i-y, as I will be going this job my self and this group is so helpful in so may different areas..

copy of original post below

Just purchased a 2004 Astra SXI (last of the old shape) with steering wheel audio controls.

In my current car I have a Pioneer KEH-P6500R head and a CDX P1250 boot changer.

I would like to move these to my new car but, I also want to use the steering wheel audio controls,

Is this possible?

If not any recommendations, possible purchase new head and keep changer or just throw the lot and replace with another model.

Thanks

Reply to
James

I read this over in the other group but expected you to get lots of advice. Well hears my 2Ps worth!

Possible? Probably; I have a Blaupunkt, and they produce all sorts of adaptors to connect to steering controls. Some require a generic 'sophisticated' box with electronics plus a car-specific adaptor (my Citroen for example) others just plug in. I see no reason that Pioneer should be any different.

See if you can find references to a dealer by Googleing Astra & Pioneer XYZ.

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Try

and the forums on there. What you need is the correct Autoleads adapter loom for your vehicle and head unit.

Reply to
James Hart