OT pigeon hate

I prefer absolutely any natural sounds to the noise emanating from my neighbour's radio.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Ooooooooooooooo!

Oh come on! You originally mentioned mud huts and conveniently deleted it in this reply. We weren't living in those in the Middle Ages in this country (although what's wrong with them I don't know).

I know, I wast here:-)

My pre- C20th books take up far more room than that but so what? They're mostly of the social history of these islands from Roman to1485 (guess where we'll be this weekend!) I don't dabble.

Except on this ng:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

So do I. and they're devised and produced by 'humans'.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes this "green luvie" view of the world is all very well. I've never heard your neighbour's radio - mine's just being playing some rather excellent piano works by Beethoven. Look, those animals are not there doing as a favour (I mean as far as -they- are concerned). I too love many aspects of nature and wildlife but do not live in a green bubble where everything is sweetness and light and all the little birdies and cuddly animals scurry about to entertain us. Nature (and life) just isn't like that. I would bet that if you were locked in a room for a day with those monotous pigeon sounds played to you repeatedly, you'd soon yearn for even Radio One.

Reply to
dave

Sorry, Dave, you would lose that bet. I have all sorts of wildlife in my garden and I love it. My house is surrounded by trees and thus the "song" of pigeons and doves but I'm used to it after 40 years here. My radio is permanently tuned to R3 with the volume down low. I wouldn't prefer R1 to anything.

Reply to
Bob Martin
[Cigarette ash]

Litter which also ends up in the face of following motorcyclists.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

While I am a non-smoker and don't like ash I think you question is a little strange. He's dropping the ash outdoors not in a building.

A more reasonable question would be "Do you drop it on your garden?" to which the answer is most probably yes, and I wouldn't really object to a bit of ash on my lawn.

Reply to
usenet