OT; Perfect boiled eggs

I'd be very interested in learning about how to do the perfect scrambled eggs !

Reply to
john royce

For me, perfect = soft and creamy. To achieve this, use a good thick-bottomed pan, apply gently heat, and keep stirring with a wooden paddle. For quite a while it seems nothing happens, then it starts to thicken and solidify quite fast.

Take it off the heat whilst it is still just a little more fluid than you want it, as the internal heat keeps it cooking whilst you are serving.

Enjoy.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Microwave.

Whisk with milk, full power for about 5-8 minutes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Heston Blumenthal has a method involving microwaves, liquid nitrogen and CERN.

Reply to
Ian White

Ah, so that's what it is. I've been blaming the hens for years.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Are you sure that it should be the "pointy" end of the egg? I thought there was an air-filled void at the big end.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee