OT: one step forward, two steps back

Often its not that difficult once you know how to do it. On one of my cars you could either struggle to try and change the bulb in situ or undo three bolts and remove the whole assembly making changing easy. The latter method was not the obvious solution and I guess that those taking

30 minutes with scrapped knuckles and complaining about the manufacturer didn't know the remove assembly method.

How many of us have done a DIY job taking 5 times the first estimated time BUT after finishing and having learnt the lessons could do the same in a much shorter period, and perhaps with a better result.

Reply to
alan_m

...after having unrusted all the screws the first time.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Easy on my Astra F. Just rotate a single plastic toggle to remove the front indicator allowing easy access to the bulb, and a couple of plastic screws to remove the entire headlight unit, though bulbs could be replaced in situ.

Reply to
Andrew

Having been in a Chinese electronics factory recently - assembly at Chinese rates is likely to be much cheaper than strip and re-assemble by a European.

The number of manual steps was quite astonishing.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris