OT: odd web page behaviour

In all web browsers, loads ok and in most web browsers all the links work ok.

Except in Firefox on Win10, none of the links work. As you hover the mouse over any link the mouse icon changes in the correct manner and the destination link is shown in the bottom left corner, but clicking the link does nothing.

I've looked at the code and all seems fine. Clicking the link within the source code works correctly. Ironic considering the page's title: Any Developer. Any App. Any Platform. Any ideas?

Reply to
Paul Herber

If you have auto updates on, you may have the latest brand-spanking-new version of Firefox running. My experience is that some of it's features are broken. Could this be it?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Works OK for me on Firefox 52.5.0 ESR on Windows 10 x64.

I'm running the ESR release now because the recent upgrade to Firefox

57 (Quantum) stopped the noscript extension from working, and I can't live without noscript.
Reply to
Caecilius

Works fine in Linux fauxfox haha

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

firefox 57 64bit, win10 here, works ok.

Maybe you've adblocked or noscripted a .js file it needs?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The answer probably is that you are one of those unfortunate enough to have updated your browser to version 57 Quantum, or crap tum as it is becoming to be known. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Some of its features? That is a gross understatement indeed. Its a heap of brown sticky stuff supposed to be the competitor to Edge but I guess as Edge is itself crap its probably going the right way. I'm now back on 52 ESR, and I'd encourage all to do the same and send mozilla a bugzilla message right now and let them stick it in the place where monkey keep their nuts. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No you cannot no script in this version. there are some very strange hardware and windows version gotchas in this new version, its rubbish and really should not have been let out for another six months in my opinion, not to mention the fact that for the blind they still do not have an answr to the eventual removal of access api for a new one as yet not known about.

Personally I feel its clutching at straws to make it unhackable there is no such thing and its about time everyone realised this. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Come on, Brian. This is uk.d-i-y. There's no need to hold back. Why don't you tell us what you really think?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

OK, if you can't install noscript it's not likely to be that which has broken the page, you can install NJS as an alternative.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Caecilius was thinking very hard :

Same here v57.0 64bit on W10 x62 and it is working fine. Much faster than the version it replaced too. It looks a little different, but fine.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have Quantum and that page works OK for me, links and all.

Reply to
Me

me too - I'm generally finding it fast and stable, although one of my favourite plugins doesn't work.

Reply to
Rob Morley

fast, except pages tend to take more CPU when loading, sometimes more than this low-end machine has available, and then they're not so fast to load.

I'd moved to chrome for a few months, so had already made that break, going back to firefox (even with the reduced add-ons system) does give a bit of control that chrome doesn't.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It;s quite an old version now, 50.0.2

Reply to
Paul Herber

Reply to
Paul Herber

This machine is distinctly low-end, while some pages take a while to load they seem do so smoothly rather exhibiting the glitchy behaviour suffered by the older version.

I've also been favouring Chromium recently, although I've occasionally encountered a page that rendered correctly on Firefox but not Chromium (and vice versa). I did manage to crash Firefox yesterday, just once, I'm not sure how.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Paul Herber presented the following explanation :

v57.0 (64bit) is the latest.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In contrast to the last 3-4 releases it seems to be an improvement. Flash doesnt crash anymore with a right mouse click...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Odd, now I've got V56.0 the page works correctly. Shrug! Thanks all.

Reply to
Paul Herber