OT Not a Vulcan - but why not

Make it fly again

I saw a few happy faces at work today when that was announced

Reply to
ARW

Is there not a more complex issue of aerframe and engine rebuild on a Vulcan though?

I wonder what the attitude will be for other more modern aircraft as they get old. Harrier, Tornado, and of course its already happened to the american Phantom. Did they not have to all be returned to their maker for scrapping or somesuch? What of the Russian Migs, many of those were classics of their time.

If we take airliners of the past. I've never seen a trident, Caravelle, 1-11 flying for a very long time. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It will be good to get it flying again. I saw it on the ground at Coventry about a year ago looking a bit sorry for itself.

Reply to
Roger Mills