Reply to
alan.haymes

Many a true word said in jest

Reply to
jajcollections

Many a true word said in jest

Reply to
jajcollections

I posted that in 2014, what has suddenly brought it back from the fossil records? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You dont want to misread this lot

as 'One Ill Patient'

The Natural Philosopher

Well how about this?

Estate Agents

Reply to
harry

One solicitor near here had three names up - Swindall and Pendered were two of them. Is there a verb 'to pender'?

Reply to
PeterC

There was an off-licence in a town in New Jersey, years ago - 'C. Strange Liquors'

Reply to
S Viemeister

First solicitor I used was called Begg and co.

Reply to
whisky-dave

An optician in Aberdeen many years ago - I(an) Strain.

Would like to have a plumber's called Fiddle & Leak.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Was, prolly still is, a builders out in mid Suffolk called D'eath and son ....

Reply to
tony sayer

The spelling isn?t quite right but when I see the name boards on sites where they are working I always read the latter part of the name as Home.

GH

Reply to
Marland