OT NHS App scrapped?

A lot of PAYG accounts have options to buy a "bundle" of min/txts/data from your account credit. These generally offer better value than the PAYG rates *IF* you actually use a majority of those mins/txts/data. These bundles expire.

I have an Asda Mobile account as a back up internet connection. Has a quid or two sitting in it and provided I make a chargeable call/sms to keep the account alive every few months it just sits there. If it's needed, I top it up and buy x GB of data. The hard part is remembering to make that chargeable call/sms, which reminds me...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not the case with Virgin PAYG.

New Virgin PAYG has a £2 minimum charge for text or voice which makes it a bit expensive to keep it active. I've still got an 'original' Virgin PAYG which is only 12p or so to send a text for the purpose (at the moment).

Reply to
Max Demian

On 22/06/2020 19:03, ARW wrote: >

It is a scary proposition isn't it?

Reply to
R D S

for someone who only uses £5-10 per year

call costs are irrelevant

If it gets to the point where you are paying £50 per year, then switching to a £5 per month SIM only contract is available via loads of providers

Reply to
tim...

£30 a year max does for my PAYG. I'm not one to make calls from it except in an emergency. It's a smart phone, and round London I can use BT with Fone via Wi-Fi, which is free to me as I have BT infinity. >
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I would like to know if it was the bloke I worked with all day or just the random shopper that stood next to me.

Reply to
ARW