OT: Need advice as to how to tactfully tell neighbours to shove off

I'd take it in the spirit it was intended, not mention that you didn't really needed it, but in the run-up to next year's festivities, make sure you arrange a few conversations over the hedge, while washing the carr etc, emphasising how you like a decent break, put your feet up and not feeling any pressure to participate in all the Christmas fuss!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have lived alone since 1978 and always dreaded the annual christmas shindig. For the last 20 years I have just gone out for the day looking for somewhere quiet, but in the South East there is no where really secluded.

Now I head for the New Forest or somewhere like Lepe country park with a thermos, supply of nibbles and January Money Observer (to see what the expert pundits are predicting for the year ahead).

Reply to
Andrew

Sniped a bit.

And now you spend half of boxing day pissing and moaning about it...

Reply to
Richard

Sounds idyllic, but I wouldn't get away with that. We did drive into London one year and parked in Bond Street, just because we could. No shortage of eateries open in the West End and the whole place was much busier than I thought

Reply to
stuart noble

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying your own home suffers from 'the Xmas shindig'?

Going out and about on Xmas day can be rather pleasant - everywhere is generally quieter than on a normal day. Assuming you walk or have a car, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Should have invited the neighbours in for a game of poker and then hustled them.

Reply to
ARW