OT: My Computer

Trying to reset my Naman Mio following instructions from Navman.

I've plugged it into a USB port.

It says to go to 'start', 'my computer'.

I'm running Windows 7 so I have 'computer' instead.

The device doesn't appear on the list of removable drives.

Tried restarting, wiggling leads, swearing etc.

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

WD-40.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

remove the disk and put it in a linux computer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try another USB port. Does anything appear in device manager?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Open the home page to your Naman Mio thing, then plug in your Naman Mio thing, then turn on your Naman Mio thing. It should log you in to the Naman Mio site if you have registered it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Pedal harder.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Where is it on this list?

Adrian C

Are you using the correct USB lead? If it's mini (I think) USB then there is more than one varient.

I've a tom tom and a canon camera that has the same socket - cables are not interchangeable... grrrr

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Equally 'Doze is quite inclined to forget how to talk to various USB media peripherals from time to time. Rare fault but definitely non-negligible and once it has failed the defect is permanent.

It can be fixed by selective the application of a flint axe to the registry or much safer by plugging the errant device into another clean computer. Something causes a crazy "default" driver to grab control :(

It is unusual these days for this to happen but sadly not unknown.

My camera has just suffered exactly the same fault on a Vista box. Blame Mickeysofts programmers for not knowing which way is up!

Reply to
Martin Brown

I've found removing USB devices/hubs/controllers in device manager and rebooting can clear this.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The Canon probably doesn't charge with a standard USB, just like my Motorola phone 8-(.

Reply to
therustyone

I have a first generation Tom Tom One. It needs to be switched on before it is recognised as a USB device by a computer.

Occasionally it won't switch on even though the battery is charged, the solution is to press the reset button at the bottom of the device with a straightened paper-clip.

No idea about Navman, has it locked up, won't switch on?

You might need to resort to opening it up and disconnecting the battery for a little while.

Reply to
Graham.

At the risk of the obvious, did you switch on the Navman?

John M

Reply to
John Miller

When you look at the hoops it needs to jump through to keep talking to a myriad of flaky devices, its surprising it works as well as it does!

John Rumm

Yup my first get Go 700 has done that once or twice. Sometimes a long press on the power button will do it.

Reply to
John Rumm

No found new hardware etc? Maybe its busted. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its a Mio Navman M300.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Page 96 matey....RTFM !

Nthkentman

Have you tried it in SWMBO's computer?

Reply to
Robin

Tried all 3.My kindle is recognised when i plug it in.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman