OT: MS Office 2007

Google is not my friend in this case - my friend has a problem with the Office Ribbon.
If you look at the following image:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/darkdoo/office_zps10d6ad1e.jpg
my installation of Office looks as I imagine it's supposed to look, ie, there's a gap between the top of the page and the bottom of the Ribbon (as denoted by the blue arrow).
In my friend's case however, the ribbon extends down to about where the dotted line is, covering the top of the page. Using the Zoom control doesn't cure it, nor does changing the screen resolution. Anyone know how to get it to display properly, with the gap between the bottom of the ribbon and the top of the page?
TIA

Look under the "view" tab and change it to give what you want. Probably "print view"
dennis@home has brought this to us :

Print View is the 'normal' view he has it on (as do I, and mine is correct but his isn't) but we've tried all the 'view' options and no change.

I think this may answer your question
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/my-top-margin-is-missing-HP010024038.aspx
Jonathan
Jonathan submitted this idea :

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/my-top-margin-is-missing-HP010024038.aspx
Thanks Jonathan, looks promising, I'll pass the info on to him and see what happens.