OT More fake news.

Harry I wondered this. Have you bothered to actually research past the clueless media reports? They have an orbiter which in a similar way to how the Americans work on Mars, passes over the rover and picks up the data, and then relays it on the part of the orbit in view of the earth. This was even how the Americans were going to do it if the Apollo program had not been axed. No you are right there is no dark side of the moon for bleedin obvious reasons, which was why the Pink Floyd album use that silly phrase as its title.

I do wish when the normal media report stuff they would actually bother to get the science right first. I do not believe people are this thick so it has to be lazy people who don't give a XXXX

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No it was Pink Floyds sense of humour and they wrote very subversive songs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Now we are getting silly. If you say the dark side of the earth it would be wrong stop splitting hairs. Its basically pulverised and ionised rock. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well not seen that obviously but certainly the way its been done is widely available and indeed the fact they wanted to do it has been common knowledge for at least five years. One of the best places to put a research base is out of site of the Earth, indeed it has been proposed to put a radio telescope there to screen it from the crap we on the earth chuck out into the universe as radio pollution. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In article snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, harry snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

Via a satellite specifically stationed for the purpose.

Reply to
bert

I hadn't thought of that before either, but it is obvious if you think about it. It's a minimum energy point, so there will be a potential well. That means any object moving sideways just away from the minimum will travel in some sort of orbit, like a marble in a cereal bowl. It has to be going slowly enough to remain trapped, of course.

Reply to
newshound

That's what "being in orbit" means :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well researched shit fer brains....

Reply to
Jim K..

I wonder how much s**te they'll (typically) leave behind (without telling anyone of course ho ho )...

Reply to
Jim K..

Is there a link to the CGI vids pls?

Reply to