OT Minecraft Kids Servers

Hi peeps,

My 7 year old has discover minecraft and I am looking for safe kid friendly servers so he can play but need to be invited by most it seems, can anyone suggest a server or offer me an invite pls?

Ta peeps,

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

I'd not think many on here would be players.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

True, but some of us will have children. I'll ask mine when he crawls out of his pit, lazy little bugger.

Reply to
Graeme

Wish mine would stay in his pit, he's an early bird:-( gets obsessed with stuff...like me. At the mo, it's Minecraft. Need to sate his appetite u til his board with it and moves on to the next obsession lol

Reply to
Mr Sandman

In message , Mr Sandman writes

Just spoken to my 16 year old, who was a total Minecraft addict, but has not played for several years, as Minecraft was seen as 'uncool' when he moved from primary to senior school :-(

Sadly, he cannot now remember which servers he used, but suggests this site as a good starting point :

Son did not have problems with 'undesirables', and made various friends around the world, some of whom he still plays with online. GTA etc.

I think the best advice is just be careful, and monitor who your son is chatting to. My son used headphones with mic, and I often used that to speak to his friends. Sometimes, when he went to the loo, I would pick up the headphones and listen to ongoing conversations, which were always typical of that age group. Probably not what he would want his Dad to hear, but harmless.

Reply to
Graeme

In message , Mr Sandman writes

My experience is, once they get addicted to Minecraft, there is little time for anything else :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Thanks peeps, I have safety in mind so ideal want kids servers if possible. I have tried to get on some server's white lists but still await a response:-(

Reply to
Mr Sandman

I don't think such a thing is possible. The net enables anyone to pretend to be anyone, and there are always unsavouries out there. A lot more effective to teach them defence strategies.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you have the ability, you could setup your own server. I did this a few years ago when my kids were into Minecraft. They gave their friends the address and I granted them access in the config.

Alan

Reply to
AlanC

On that, this Microsoft digital book is worth a download and read for Internet savvy "tweens" & teens, and their parents etc...

"Own Your Space--Keep Yourself and Your Stuff Safe Online" Digital Book for Teens by Linda McCarthy

Watch out for the usual Americanisms ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

That's what I was going to suggest. It took very little time to set one up when I did it a few years ago. All the instrutions are on the net.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker