OT Minecraft Kids Servers

Hi peeps,
My 7 year old has discover minecraft and I am looking for safe kid friendly servers so he can play but need to be invited by most it seems, can anyone suggest a server or offer me an invite pls?
Ta peeps,
Steve
I'd not think many on here would be players.
Brian
--
----- -

True, but some of us will have children. I'll ask mine when he crawls out of his pit, lazy little bugger.
--
Graeme

Wish mine would stay in his pit, he's an early bird:-( gets obsessed with stuff...like me. At the mo, it's Minecraft. Need to sate his appetite u til his board with it and moves on to the next obsession lol

little time for anything else :-)
--
Graeme

But their kids may well be. One of the kids of one of my mates certainly is and I am his personal banker, but he wouldn’t be using a kid safe friendly server.

Just spoken to my 16 year old, who was a total Minecraft addict, but has not played for several years, as Minecraft was seen as 'uncool' when he moved from primary to senior school :-(
Sadly, he cannot now remember which servers he used, but suggests this site as a good starting point :
https://blog.connectedcamps.com/10-best-kid-friendly-minecraft-servers/
Son did not have problems with 'undesirables', and made various friends around the world, some of whom he still plays with online. GTA etc.
I think the best advice is just be careful, and monitor who your son is chatting to. My son used headphones with mic, and I often used that to speak to his friends. Sometimes, when he went to the loo, I would pick up the headphones and listen to ongoing conversations, which were always typical of that age group. Probably not what he would want his Dad to hear, but harmless.
--
Graeme

Thanks peeps, I have safety in mind so ideal want kids servers if possible. I have tried to get on some server's white lists but still await a response:-(
On Sunday, 27 August 2017 07:42:04 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:

I don't think such a thing is possible. The net enables anyone to pretend to be anyone, and there are always unsavouries out there. A lot more effective to teach them defence strategies.
NT

On that, this Microsoft digital book is worth a download and read for Internet savvy "tweens" & teens, and their parents etc...
"Own Your Space--Keep Yourself and Your Stuff Safe Online" Digital Book for Teens by Linda McCarthy
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id 22
Watch out for the usual Americanisms ...
--
Adrian C

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 07:42:04 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:

If you have the ability, you could setup your own server. I did this a few years ago when my kids were into Minecraft. They gave their friends the address and I granted them access in the config.
Alan
On 31/08/2017 15:47, AlanC wrote:

That's what I was going to suggest. It took very little time to set one up when I did it a few years ago. All the instrutions are on the net.
SteveW