OT: Military door-to-door scam?

Yeah, would you have ever believed that families had to send basic kit to soldiers serving in Iraq?

Reply to
AC

I would have.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Or knobbing a student nurse.

Reply to
ARW

So use CS gas or pepper spray instead - just check the wind direction before you spray;-)

Reply to
ARW

Indeed. I wonder if the same applies to the ex-military servicemen - not the CO charge bit but the rest.

Reply to
ARW

Fine - that is arguable. harry's suggestion, I feel, is not.

Reply to
polygonum

With respect to your County of residence I had this conversation last year after observing a chap get dropped off down the road from a mini bus with the tell tale jumbo kit bag hanging from a shoulder. I was already outside as he approached "Go away you're a Nottingham Knocker" "I'm not from Nottingham I'm from Yorkshire" "Even worse then ,Fuck Off back there" "You don't even know what I'm selling" "The only thing I'd buy From a Yorkshireman carrying a sack is Coal, and it's Summer so if you are I still don't want it ,now Fuck Off before I ask to see a pedlars certificate" "Southern Bastard"

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

DIY Taser, anyone?

Reply to
newshound

alan

You are missing the finer legal details. CS gas and pepper spray are illegal for the public to own/use.

But you know that sharp kitchen knife that is kept next to the front door (it's not really kept there if the police ask) and you were just chopping up some veg when the doorbell rang and you were still holding the knife when you answered the door.....

Reply to
ARW

Not missed - but I was really arguing against the practicality of the bat rather than the questionable legality of it, the CS or pepper spray or even your knife.

Reply to
polygonum

Point noted.

Reply to
ARW

5 year mandatory sentence for possession, if you get caught with some.
Reply to
Onetap

Does cleaning your olde Purdey count as well;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

So use Deep Heat or Ralgex instead.

Reply to
Huge

Or pepper!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , tony sayer writes

I hear she's kept herself quite fit so would likely still be able to slap an intruder about a bit ;-)

Going back to the point about pepper spray and so on, it's not illegal to have spray oven cleaner at home or to answer the door with it in your hand if you're disturbed while cleaning . . . .

Reply to
fred