OT: May's rotten speech

Had to turn off after about 2 minutes. Thought I was going to puke. Can't they find a *proper* leader FFS? This bitch is trying to be all things to all people and that ain't possible; it just can't be done. Wot a useless c*nt that woman is.

Reply to
Chris

Did you vote for her party?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are making the common mistake that most do. Politicians are boring. They after all are basically administrators and not very good marketers. Some are good orators, but are not always much good as administrators , so you takes your choice. Very few people have both attributes at all. Boris is a bullshit baffles brains person, Not my choice. if he letd them gowd help us all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Did she have to come on to a tune written by two Swedes who not only are critical of Brexit, but have also repeatedly distanced themselves from

*any* political use of their music ? Let's hope they get a quick apology before their publicity machine drowns out Treezas message (whatever it was).

Unless that was the whole idea ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

That raised an interesting point. Would a public performance licence be required to play copyright music? Do they have to state purpose?

Reply to
Scott

such a licence would be up to the management of the venue.

Reply to
charles

You don't think May writes her own speeches, do you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it was an excerpt, possibly not. Maybe one for uk.legal ....

I don't know how much was played, since I value my mental health.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And wouldn't most venues have "blanket" cover?

Reply to
newshound

it's very difficult to avoid that. 1% of income from lettings goes to the PRS and another 1% to the MCPS. At least, that is what our Village Hll has to pay. It might be diffferent for bigger premises.

Reply to
charles

Not normally, you have seperate licenses for live music and recorded and it's also the local council that can make and change the rules.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I didn't listen to it all either, but I see some "We risk ending up with no Brexit at all."

Which may or may not be significant.

TW

Reply to
TimW

I thought her 'dance' was oddly appropriate, after all she is little more that a puppet with the Eurocrats pulling her strings.

She seems to mistake not listening and crass stupidity with determination and decisiveness.

What worries me, almost, as much is that the only person who can lead us out of this mess and should be PM is JRM and he strangely absent from the scene- leaving Boris to stir things and cause mayhem which we really don't need.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Except that like all things Brexit that also is a fantasy. JRM couldn't hold the tory party together and he can't solve the problems and make a deal. All he could do is crash out and then face the inevitable angry backlash when it goes badly wrong, and he knows it.

TW

Reply to
TimW

JRM was doing more important things. Like moving his funds abroad, so they won't be hit when the pound collapses.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did hear him speak about this and while I don't particualr like him I do like to listen to what he says, and as anyone with funds that you don't con trol yourself as with pensions it's up to the financail 'expert' you employ who decides where funds will go and when.

Unless of course you have found actual evidence of him moving the funds and where.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No Brexit at all would be preferable IMO to a lousy, sell-out deal like Chequers. I'm only heartened by the fact that at no point in the speech did she refer to or even mention Chequers. So there's still hope for the Lancaster House proposal!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

JRM is too good to be PM. I get the impression he is one of the few true conviction politicians who cannot be bought and sold like the rest. That characteristic unfortunately bars him from the job!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

My personal view is that our PMs have moved too much towards President/Dictator in their behaviour. It is said that Reagan was so successful much to everyone's surprise because he choose good competent people and let them get on with their jobs. Just what a PM should do.

Reply to
bert

And where do you find these good competent people from the political class? They all go into "professional" politics because they are no good at anything else.

Reply to
alan_m