OT: Mattresses

More detail might make this story more believable.

Reply to
mechanic

They don't breathe, just like some makes of over-ear headphones that make your ears all sweaty in no time.

Reply to
Andrew

*thefts* of good quality mattresses from hotels by *guests* is not unknown !
Reply to
Andrew

That is a big suitcase.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Andrew

I wondered why, when I have stayed at hotels with direct lift access to the car park, it was impossible to go directly to the car park. The lift would always stop on the ground floor and the doors would open, directly opposite the reception desk. Of course, that might just have been to spot guests trying to leave without paying.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I remember a big safety warning about one microwave years ago. Needless to say it was no different to the rest safety-wise.

Reply to
Animal

One brand I found outlasted the rest by a big margin is M&S. Don't ask the price. Memory foam is simply hateful.

Reply to
Animal

ARW

We've got a memory foam one, and we like it. The big downside is thermal mass; it takes a while to warm up. Once warmed it can be _very_ warm - no heat leaves through the mattress at all.

Our trial method was to find a hotel that uses them, then book a night.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris