OT: Massage tables

Nothing saucy sorry.

Have any of you good folks got a massage table? Any recommendations, or pitfalls or input generally?

Ta, Rick

Reply to
R D S

Length of 18 mm Plywood on a frame with a hole in it. Couple of old sofa cushions with fabric over it. Done. Cheap as chips. Have you seen the prices of them in shops? Cheezo!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

Have used several - not for massage but 'hands off' spiritual healing (like Reiki).

If you need a portable one - make sure it's actually 'lift-able' - just because it's got a handle doesn't mean you'd actually want to carry it any distance. Also - make sure that it's solid when assembled!

Having an adjustable lift-up 'head-end' can be helpful if the client has back or breathing problems - more elderly cients appreciate a flip-down step to help them get up onto the table.

See if you can get one with adjustable height - if it's too low you'll do your own back in !

Hope this helps Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

can be bought on ebay for about £100 inc post, quality might be an issue but I reckon they are worth a punt at that price.

Reply to
R D S

Cheers, i'm not planning a career change or anything, just something I can drag out and score the occasional round of brownie points with.

Reply to
R D S

Keep searching - they are available for less than that...

like this - item no 300271279403 BIN for UK Pounds 69.99 plus a much more sensible P&P - from a seller with good feedback....

...all depends how many little 'rests' and things you need, I suppose...

Good luck! Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I feel mildly sorry for massage_pimp with his zero feedback, thought maybe i'd be public spirited and buy one from him.

I just want something which doesn't look too naff and is comfy. WTF is 'PU leather' anyway? People seem to be using this as a selling point but a bit of research shows that it is little to brag about.

Reply to
R D S

'Often when shopping for leather furniture, you will come across the label "PU Leather", many buyers are unfamiliar with the term so I hope to shed some light on the topic. First off PU leather is a great bargain for the quality you will obtain.

It is leather made from the inner splits of the hide finished with a polyurethane coating. This leather is made resistant to water penetration and has also a high resistance to scratches. There are many different types of PU coated leather depending upon the technical standards they are required to reach. The coating can be embossed with a design giving to the leather the most wide variety of textures.

I suggest this type of leather since spills can be easily cleaned, kids and animals are not likely to scratch the surface and this is truelly a user friendly covering.'

Reply to
Rod

I can't imaging how that would be a boon.....anyone?

Reply to
R D S

In message , R D S writes

do NOT advertise your services without serious thought if you actually find it taking off in a business sense

... unless you are prepared to put up with phone calls which might cause you or 'er wi' clogs on offence

I know someone who did

Reply to
geoff

We have had two given away for free, on our local Freecycle site, in the past few months.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson