OT: Marmite

Not far from flesh eating plants like sundew.

Reply to
Martin

vegas £$%^

Reply to
Martin

However, he could be including protozoons among "stuff like that". They are more akin to animals, but, apart from parasites,[1] they don't have much impact on our diet compared to yeasts and bacteria.

[1] with parasites, it is more our diet having an impact on us, really.
Reply to
Roger Hayter

But I think their evolution is long way away from animals or plants.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Mushrooms are not vegetables either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Fungi....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mrs T mistook her cabinet for vegetables.

Reply to
Martin

Why? No meat products in Marmite, unless you consider yeast a living organism.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Of course it is.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Plants are living organisms.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If a vege has worms, who is eating who?

Reply to
Max Demian

You sure they have worms on Vega?

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, as I said. But I am presuming that vegetarians want to avoid eating animals rather than specifically confine their diet to vegetables. Otherwise they wouldn't eat eggs and milk. I believe vegans are happy to eat fungi too. Even those who won't eat honey.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

As is indeed any Brassica species. I expect he meant it wasn't an animal, even a unicellular one.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Frankly what veggies will and wont eat is getting seriously boring.

I'll stick to not eating marmite.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's always been seriously boring. Even worse is the assumption by some that being a veggie fusspot is somehow morally superior.

Reply to
Tim Streater

+1
Reply to