OT: Letter to Look North

t only prerecorded and saved TV that you do not need a TV licence. If that is the case how much do you have to time shift your viewing for it not to b e classed as live TV, is it minutes, hours or days?

True. But that's about to change.

Reply to
harry

My god! Could you really watch bbc crap for an entire day. Purile, self-praising junk. Only the stupid and indoctrinated see it otherwise

- those that still call the bbc "aunty".

Reply to
jake

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted

I never rent DVDs. Let alone once a day.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Just an example.

But I'd guess you are one who thinks all TV should be 'free'. Without having the slightest idea how it is going to be paid for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They ought to be bloody paying me 40p per day to watch it.

Have you seen the s**te they broadcast?

Reply to
ARW

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted

If £140 a year is good value, people will gladly pay it without being forced to. If it isn't, they shouldn't be forced to pay for things that are not good value to them.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted

Yes, *if* I buy the products advertised. But nothing like £140 a year.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Only if you want to legally watch TV that is broadcast live.

Reply to
ARW

You don't need to buy a licence if you don't watch broadcast TV.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The commercial TV companies have a larger income than the BBC. Where do you think it comes from?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)