OT Ikea items at inflated prices

Someone asked me to assemble an Ikea Kullen three drawer chest of drawers f or them.

They told me their daughter had paid £175 for it online - I thought it would have been about £50 - 60 at Ikea. I looked on Ikea's website an d it's actually £30!!

I started to look on Ebay and found lots of them - this being the most expe nsive:

I've not yet found anyone offering them for £175 but it's a good way o f making money if you can get away with it!!!

Reply to
Murmansk

it would have been about £50 - 60 at Ikea. I looked on Ikea's website and it's actually £30!!

1CR

of making money if you can get away with it!!!

those kind of deal are a rubbish way to make money. Lots of sellers, very f ew sales - big time waste.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Looking at a map, they're just down the road from Ikea Glasgow. I doubt they're keeping stock - they're probably nipping down when they get an order, picking up the item and sticking a stamp on it.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

With a bit of effort to write some software to scrape products from Amazon, and Ikea etc, mark them up and upload to ebay, its very little effort thereafter. If they make sure they chose online vendors who will drop ship, then you don't even ever need handle the product itself - just take the money, and place the order.

Reply to
John Rumm

And they have apparently sold 2.

Reply to
ss

Yes so how long did it take to put together, just look at the cost they paid and see how much an hour they charged. Even I managed to put a sideboard together with no sight, so rocket science it is not is it? The biggest issue is the positioning of parts if you are on your own and the physical efforts, and that is it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

London prices...look what they pay for houses ......tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It's not assembled: it's in "original retail packaging" (possibly).

Reply to
Max Demian

Good thing is it keeps the riff-raff out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The police would love to know how to make that work. Have you ever been south of the river?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Ebay has loads of stuff for sale which is more expensive than the current new price. There are abviously enough mugs around to make such listings worthwhile.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Have you ever been to London, with a comment like that? I'd guess the answer would be no, or once a very long time ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There used to be listings that apparently were offering goods like TVs at knock down prices, but, by a cunningly worded description, meant that you were only buying a *picture* of the item. (I don't know whether eBay have stopped that practise.)

Reply to
Max Demian

or enough mugs to waste their time advertising.

I mean how long can you live on C2A3175 anyway?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

more times than I could count. Feel free to come back with a valid point.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Often people bid more in Ebay auctions for items that other sellers are offering at a buy it now price that is much cheaper.

Reply to
alan_m

After such a ignorant comment from you? No point in trying to educate some.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

our pleasure why would we want to live in an area predominantly full of foreigners ? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You ain't seen nothin' yet....

Cursitor Doom

Glasgow is hotching with them already...not one bit of them right...they must be costing the NHS a fortune ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...