OT: If it were a poll ...

sigh. Bye.

Reply to
tabbypurr

harry

Total drivel and irrelevant. All depends on the product.

2% would be good in some cases.
Reply to
harry

"About half the population are below average intelligence ..."

Reply to
Bob Martin

Of course - 2% is enough in a lot of cases. It's hard to even think of single products 48% of the population buys. Oh, tapwater. Drainage. Even bread is a range of products, I doubt 48% buy one bread product.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

slightly more in fact. It is not a perfect bell shaped distribution.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But we aren't talking about you now. ;-(

Duh! I gave as much information as most had to decide In or Out.

Of course?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oh dear, a cold and prickly doing what they typically do in such circumstances (try to force people to agree with them), they run away. ;-(

Fact: The population of the UK was polled on Leave or Stay and a minority of them voted Leave. A slightly smaller minority voted to Stay.

I'm not denying or arguing that, it's a fact, it happened (duh).

So and moving on ...

What I am *questioning* is that now, after the case, if we had the poll again, how the outcome might be different?

Fact, there is no obligation for the UK to carry on with any Leave plans .... therefore, 'discussion' on that is not pointless. It is not 'finished'.

Someone who is 'warm and fuzzy', irrespective of their personal views on the subject would completely understand that and apply an open mind to it, discussing it accordingly.

A 'warm and fuzzy' person can fully understand why a 'cold and prickly' person doesn't see stuff. It rarely works the other way round.

There will be no compromises, anyone who doesn't agree is the enemy, black and white, (no matter how often and the different ways you gently try to explain stuff to them). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

*Ding*.

Or even if you cover your predicted market share of 48%, 16 x £10,000 items may never equal the total costs.

Generally they haven't. Because no one knew the facts at the time of the poll and only now, after the poll are the full facts *starting* to emerge, only *now*. And we are talking about the ordinary voting person here, not those who have been 'studying' all the 'non facts' for the last few months / years.

It seems that most of the Brexiteers are very worried that if their was another EU poll that the people, now better informed might vote to stay.

I don't care either way (in or out), as long as a good majority have seriously considered ALL the facts and then done the right thing (whatever that turns out to be).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

yawn. Bull snipped.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'd love to hear of a poll, election, etc where that happened.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I fear you are probably right and that is a shame, especially when involving political stuff, the government and the great unwashed (as opposed to say a motorcycle club where all involved are usually more 'involved' and the facts are actually known).

IMHO, it also makes a mockery of the whole concept of democracy where the concept is that the people can 'decide'. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

it's how life ever is. There just isn't enough time for everyone to get well informed. Normally a small minority do.

We don't have a democracy. But the people can decide, and have done. Same way people always do.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr