OT I am going to become a white van driver

The grey one is going.

And bollocks it's another Fiat Scudo:-)

Reply to
ARW

Oddly enough, I find white van drivers are rather more likely to let me out of a side road than most car drivers.

Reply to
nightjar

nightjar snipped-for-privacy@bignell.me.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

They do it to piss off the people behind the White Van who have been in the queue for ages. They love it when the queue gets addded to - in front.

Reply to
JohnP

These days so many motorists are driving van size vehicles posing as cars!. Having spent the last month visiting in a very rural area where many of the side roads are narrow I note that many of these motorists seem to be unable to judge the size of their car :(

Reply to
alan_m

So what make of van do you actually think is good then, and why don't you get one of those instead? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Maybe they gave his boss a Ferrari for being so loyal? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Assuming the MPG is similar on all vans (it is as I have driven all of them apart from the really new "no need for a MOT" ones that arrived last month) then yes it probably is close to using more fuel than all the other vans put together.

A bit difficult to tell as one van was 10 months out of MOT and when I mentioned that at work the subject was soon forgotten..

Some things make it use less fuel than the other vans, such as it has broken down (or run onto an office wall) and I am then using a different van for the week (4 months) and other things make it use more fuel than others such as it has broken down and emptied a tank of fuel on the road (4 times that has happened).

Some of the vans never leave Doncaster. I have a 200 mile a week commute plus work travel.

And that is based on what the fuel card says, I put my own fuel in for private jobs. 50 odd trips to Watford, Blackburn and Lincoln etc

And the wiper motor is really playing up now. When you get out the van you have to shove the wiper blade down to towards the bonnet to stop the blades "jumping". The microswitch inside the motor housing is no longer been reached by the cam or whatever tells the motor to stop so it needs a little help. Also I can no longer open the drivers door if the window is down.

Reply to
ARW