OT: How to make an exploding Toliet ?

Yep, I just watched the best of Brainiac.

In my quest to bring some of the school bordome to life, in a fun way, its time to look at a bit of chemistery. Brianiac used Sodium Iodide in the top of the loo, and Hydrogen Peroxide in the bowl. When the "victim" flushed - bubbles everywhere. I will not consider what happens to the victioms "deposit".

Anyways, is it possible to get these chemicals relativly cheeply ? Are thay safe in senible use, gloves & goggles ? Is there anything arround the house that would have a similar effect ?

Blowing up caravans we can do, there are plenty of bomb making recipies on the net, but no exploding toilets I can find. My friends have advided me against a trip to the framers shop to ask for "the best fertalizser to make bombs with" .....

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rick wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Splelin 2/10, mussed trie hrader. Common sense 0/10.

Reply to
Kinell

You could try a high foam detergent in the cistern to gain something like the desired effect. High foam detergents for vehicles are better in cold water, so maybe a look for these on the web to get a supplier.

Reply to
BigWallop

Well here's how we did it many moons ago (as reported here a couple of years back):

[or

Lobster

Flush a largish piece of sodium metal. It is quite likely that the toilet WILL explode. If it goes down, it will probably ignite the gases in the sewer, and the hydrogen produced in the reaction with water.

Introduce a piece of 3/4" or larger flexible tubing into the toilet bowl and use a funnel to pour liquid nitrogen past your U-Bend. The expansion ratio of liquid nitrogen to nitrogen gas is about 700:1. It will certainly make things interesting for people who share your sewer. Same effect if you flush a large quantity of dry ice. (Co-pilot once did this on the toilet of a DC-8, thinking it was ordinary ice).

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox