OT: Hawk!!

I was so tempted to keep this as a pet. But I don't have anywhere to keep it seperate from my other birds. A hawk got into my cat enclosure and couldn't work out how to exit. I took several photos then after it surprisingly let me stroke it and pick it up, I carried it back out.

?dl=0
?dl=0
?dl=0

Commander Kinsey

Why did it go into your cattery ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

No idea. Exploring perhaps. The cattery has the door open at the moment, I'm not enclosing the cats. Maybe there was a small bird in there it was chasing.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Perhaps it was somebody elses pet? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Good pictures! Birds are difficult! Was it hanging upside down for very long?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

That is possible. I met a guy on the West Highland Way (twice) with a pet hawk. It would fly off for a few minutes then return with a mouse. Hopefully if that's the case it'll find it's way home. It looked like it knew where it was going when it left.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It was extremely friendly and had no problem with me taking photos. I can't believe it let me stroke it and pick it up. I'm thinking it might be a pet hawk.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Was there any cat food out?

Reply to