OT 'Forbidden' error message

Not exactly DIY but I'm sure someone here can help.

When visiting the web site of a local plant nursery

, a site that I've successfully visited several times in the past, I get the error message

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I've tried accessing it on my lap-top that I keep as a spare, with the same result. I also get the same error message from another plant nursery site that I've visited in the past

But other nurseries and web sites work perfectly OK.

I've tried Googling the error message, and although there's masses of stuff out there, I don't understand a word of it! It all seems to be for people with problems on their own servers and/or web-sites.

Is it me at fault or is it them?

I'm using W7, both 32 and 64 bit, the latter on the lap-top. Firefox

43.0.2 browser. Explanations in words of one syllable please.

Oh yes, and a happy New Year to everyone.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Chris Hogg scribbled

Same here. The site might have exceeded the bandwidth. The hosting site is working okay.

Reply to
Jonno

This might be helpful

Graham.

Maybe both forgot to pay up for their domain names and the address has been removed or hidden?

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Thanks Graham. Puts my mind at rest. Perhaps they're just having their web sites re-vamped over the Xmas holiday or with new catalogues for

2016 or whatever.
Reply to
Chris Hogg

It's a generic error message when there is a problem at the server end, or, you have put in an incorrect address in your browser.

Reply to
A.Lee

Try

- that seems to work.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ah, so it does. Thanks. But Trevena Cross is still unavailable, it seems. Even web searches throw up their address unchanged from my first post.

Chris Hogg

Temporary server cockup/hack.

Happens all the time.

Reply to