[OT] Fecking useless couriers

With one very major courier you're lucky if they make it to the front door. There's a huge gap in the market here for a courier that gives a monkey's about doing their job. I cant wait for parcelfarce to go out of business.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Often it's up to the *sender* whether consignments can be left elsewhere.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I have only had one delivery through them, it wasn't the fastest, but their tracking system seems to have very timely updates so you know when to expect it, delivery on a saturday was no extra charge, and as you say a real human being ... I have seen it described as slave wages though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I must admit they do look very good - as someone said, quite affordable even for one offs...

I see they have an ebay linkage option too - seem to be getting with the times - something the Post Office could do with doing!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ny dad had something delivered by Citylink and the guy came to the door without it to check he was in. He left him the computer thing to sign while he went to the van only to return a while later saying he couldn't find the parcel.

Dad responded saying he couldn't find the handheld computer.

Delivery guy responded with "ah, I know what's happened. I've left it on a drive up the road as I thought it was theirs. Let me have the computer and I'll be back in a few mins".

Big argument with dad refusing to give the guy his computer back.

In the end he went and found the parcel, and delivered it correctly and got his computer thing back :-)

Yeah, this was something from Amazon - who recently seem to have stopped using citylink in our area and now use royalmail special delivery or HDNL (who despite my concerns, appear to be pretty good so far...)

I was told by someone who should know, that there are different classes of royal mail signed for. Special delivery is never left, normal signed for can be under certain circumstances but if it is left, it's the royal mail problem if it goes missing (I suspect it depends on the value of stuff). Could all be rubbish (and should be) but it does fit with my experiences... The ones to worry about are the ones that are left, but also signed for my an unknown person :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Our postman signs for us if it will fit through the letter box.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Obviously your instructions got truncated to "Lob over side gate".

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Anyone else noticed that the google-groupers are all in a different thread with the subject "Re: Fecking useless couriers" - i.e. without the [OT}] bit?

Reply to
Geo

I prefer to think of it as more yer pin money, or beer money for retirees :-)

It is a very large German (?) company. They have a very large / plush corporate headquarters about 1 mile away.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

Google Groups strips anything in the Subject: line that is contained by sqaure brackets.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think Agent has a setting to do proper threading on the References header. If you hunt around the options a bit, you should be able to see the threads properly.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

The chap who delivered my parcel certainly fit that bill, the chap who delivered my new car the other month did too, he said it funds his golf subs, not having it delivered by some boy-racerish type was quite re-assuring. I hope here's some beer money jobs for me in 20 years time ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Which brings to mind the fact that Fastway berkshire (our local hub) has gone to the wall

Reply to
geoff

A lot of their established franchises seem to be up for sale

Andy Burns

Thanks - I have this (quote below) ticked so I suppose I would have to un-tick it and accept subject changes in the original thread:-

"Start a new thread when a follow-up subject changes- Check this box to create a new thread when a follow-up Usenet message's subject is different than the main message's subject. When unchecked, Agent attaches follow-up messages to the original even when the subject of the thread changes."

Reply to
Geo

Ah yes, that sounds like the problem. I think ticking the box is meant to emulate (possibly obsolete now) Outlook bugs, where the subject line is more important than the followup references threading.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Quite. Despite having a lit bell push in a prominent position next to my front door many people just tap quietly on the door glass. I often don't hear this even when I am in the house.

Reply to
Mark

One the postman left a parcel in the bin at the roadside on refuse collection day. It's a miracle that we found it!

Reply to
Mark

Had a card from the postie: "Parcel with lawnmower in shed". Just a tad ambiguous.

Reply to
PeterC

Apropos of very little...I love one of the current ambulance chasing adverts on Classic FM...

"The Paul Rooney Partnership have over 30 years' experience of personal injury"

I keep picturing muscle bound men in black jackets and bow ties...

Reply to
Bob Eager