OT: EV Insurance Rates Soar!

Quite, big money from oil companies say climate change isn't man made and would happen anyway and to be expected. Some fools believe that too.

Reply to
Fredxx

I did. You dimply didnt understand

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe when I see evidence or have done the experiment. I have had extensive experience of LIPOS and their fires. Have you?

I have had extensive experience of listed company accountants and their frauds. Have you? I have worked for crooks like Clive Sinclair and others. Have you? I have talked to senior politicians who were completely dismissive of 'plebs' . Have you?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And the Liverpool one destroyed 1600 cars, was started by "an old Land Rover" and was 6 years ago. It doesn't need lithium batteries!!

nib

Reply to
nib

It was six years ago. There are many more battery cars around now and it's still only around 3%. Cars with big Li batteries were less than 2% of _new_ _sales_ that year, Answer: not many.

nib

Reply to
nib

You need to take your lithium tablets. Mind you don't catch fire.

Reply to
Andrew

Only if you buy anything made by JLR

Reply to
Andrew

No. But wasn't your experience with models rather than EVs?

Frauds, no. But civil cases, yes - including taking cases to the House of Lords. Dealing with partners from the big accountancy and law firms was bread and butter for several of my jobs.

I wouldn't dream of calling someone a "crook" unless they had been convicted in a court of law. No one I worked for was.

If you want to play that game then, yes, but they were an exception to the rule. The great majority of those I met (which includes every Chancellor from Healey to Clarke) weren't like that.

None of which seems to bear on the Liverpool fire where you reckon a Labour city under a Tory administration would and could have conspired to cover up an EV fire.

Reply to
Robin

As I mentioned a while back, the BRE found in 2010 that no modern car was safe if a neighbouring one was ablaze - not even if there was an empty space between them.

Reply to
Robin

It only takes one...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or BMW. Or VW.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed! In the more recent past that toxic grifter Farage said that Brexit was a good idea.

Reply to
Steve

It would have been and may well still be, when we finally achieve it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed. Insider info: car ferry companies around the UK (and elsewhere too in all probability, although we'll never be told) are being required to submit a credible plan to deal with the eventuality of an EV bursting into flames on a car deck during a crossing. If they can't come up with something to satisfy the 'elf n safety mob, then you can bet the next thing will be a ban on EVs travelling on car ferries. This could run and run.

Reply to
Dan Green

Just a sprinkling of EVs nearby will act as super-accelerants for a blaze, though. These take a minor, localised fire and turn it into a full-blown conflagration. EVs really need their own walled-off accommodation.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

? Slight evidence of acceptance that it has not turned out quite as hoped?:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Irritation that it hasn't been achieved, so we cant ever say whether it would have been as hoped.

For sure Sunak and chums have totally refused to do anything to stem illegal and unwanted immigration.

Or repeal the climate change act, and dump renewable energy

The fight goes on, Brexit wasn't the end of the EU, or even the beginning of the end, but it was perhaps the end of the beginning.

The struggle for democracy and freedom continues

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How would you suggest it is stopped - apart from shooting them all?

Reply to
charles

What we have achieved is to be free of EU legislation and to be free of a corrupt organisation, namely the EU, and its "ever closer union", which no one in this country ever voted for. Perhaps, too, as a result, we shall get a better class of politicians in this country than the sad lot (in all parties) we've been saddled with since about mid-term Blair. Outside the EU, our politicians will no longer have any excuse as there is no longer an EU they can blame for their failures. Additionally, there is no longer an EU trough into which they can dip their snouts. So with any luck the chancers will cease to look upon politics as a gravy-train and will go elsewhere, and people of stature might resume their involvement.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Step one is leaving the ECHR

At one fell swoop that removes all legal challenges involving immigrants being treated inhumanely

Step two would be to ensure that they were treated as inferior to UK citizens. No access to NHS, free housing, social security etc etc without an ID card with NI number on it.

Illegal immigrants have committed a crime. The first thing to so is to imprison them awaiting trial

The second thing to do is after coinviction put them in a rubber dinghy three metres off the french shore without an engine or paddles.

And let the French deal with them.

Or if they came by air deport them back to the last airport they used to leave a country

They would soon stop coming

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher