OT Dozens of nuclear accidents in the UK come to light.

What's been did and what'd been hid!

Reply to
harry

For anyone who can't be bothered to follow harry's link the accidents aren't nuclear accidents but stuff like collisions and other accidents on nuclear subs.

Just harry scaring himself again.

Reply to
dennis

Of course a s we learn more about radiation, then we redefine what is a reportable accident. I mean if the sole thing to worry about was Strontium 90 then every bomb that has been detonated was an accident, surely? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In article , harry writes

RT That would be Russia Today - a very trustworthy source of news - not.

Reply to
bert

"Other case studies include a nuclear warhead carrier sliding off the rode into the ditch on January 10, 1987 in Wiltshire. The misfortune is described by the authors as ?most visible? and ?embarrassing? incident to date. Overall, 22 road transportation incidents, among them overturning of vehicles carrying nukes, have been cited in the report."

i.e. the authors of this so-called "independent nuclear watchdog", actually an anti-nuclear lobbying group.

Yes, sounds scary. Assuming you know nothing about nuclear weapons.

When the strategy was to drop them from bombers at low level, it was rather important that they survived hitting the ground at a few hundred miles an hour and came to rest safely whatever gets in the way. You relied on the timers to get clear before they go off.

Reply to
newshound

The real nuclear accidents are hidden I 'spect.

Reply to
harry

If they are as bad as you think they are how do you hide them?

Reply to
dennis

+1

I'd also like to point out that of course these have absolutely NOTHING to do with nuclear power.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

How would you have known about the Windscale reactor fire? How would you have known about marine pollution?

Reply to
harry

Well it wasn't kept secret to start with.

It isn't secret either.

Maybe you are talking about the secret pollution that is so bad even FOE are afraid to report it.

Have you had your dosimeter checked recently?

Reply to
dennis

Is harry referring to that area of sea north of Russia where the Sovs dumped some old nuclear subs as well as a number of other reactors?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Huge

Because it was in the press at the time.

That also has been reported in the normal press.

Reply to
bert

In article , Tim Streater writes

Well he is quoting Russia Today.

Reply to
bert

Drivel.

harry

More cr@p from harry..

the idiots get 15 - 50 counts per second and claim its dangerous.

The average in the UK is around 12 counts per second and in places on granite its a lot higher.

A banana will give a count of about 15 per second!

The carbon in wood and plants gives a count of few hundred per kilo. I just hope harry is taking proper precautions with the radioactive waste from his wood burning stove. Smokers are breathing in radioactive particles all the time.

Reply to
dennis

And try a box of high potash fertiliser from your garden centre. This was what I used as a demo in my "talks to the public" days with BNFL. That and the standard WW2 prismatic compass which gives several hundred CPS from the luminous paint left in the grooves on the outside.

Reply to
newshound

bert