OT - does anybody want a stair lift?

I have a Minivator 907 stairlift with a 4.3m straight track that I can't give away, so I wondered if anyone here wanted it. Charities won't touch it, because of public liability concerns, and I need it out of a house I am in the process of selling. It has been carefully dismantlled and is free to collect in West Sussex. However, for safety, it needs to be professionally installed. I would not recommend a DIY installation, unless you are hoping to inherit soon from the user.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

eBay?

Reply to
sPoNiX

"nightjar .uk.com>" I have a Minivator 907 stairlift with a 4.3m straight track that I can't

...or unless you want to inherit sooner rather than later perhaps?

Colin, have you tried going back to the manufacturer, to see if they'd take it back off you? I can't say I've heard of Minivator but AFAIK it's possible to buy reconned stairlifts from the major players, which presumably they must have acquired from users?

David

Reply to
Lobster

nightjar I have a Minivator 907 stairlift with a 4.3m straight track that I can't

I know someone who could make very good use of it... the local authority just told her, you need a stair lift, a wet room and a few other things. Only we can't pay for it, so we suggest you get a loan for 43K, oh and you can only use our approved contractors! Needless to say, "supprised" is not the word that adequatly covered her response to this. And the loan they suggest would leave the household budget at -200 per month.

What sort figure were you thinking of asking for it Colin?

Reply to
John Rumm

That is the next option.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

They acquire them by charging to remove them when they are no longer required. It would be a lot cheaper to throw it on the scrap heap, but I would prefer it went to someone who needs it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

This one I've replied to be e-mail.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Perhaps an advert in the local paper ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

"free to collect" seems to suggest he doesn't want very much at all :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Seemed only polite to ask ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I really need to get rid of it as quickly as possible. I have a buyer for the house and she is anxious to move in, particularly as she has already sold her previous house and is living in a friend's flat. Fortunately, it looks as though John Rumm may have a use for it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , nightjar writes

I'm not sure how recovered my father is ATM or how long until he get's worse. How transportable is it - would it fit into an escort van ?

Reply to
raden

Sorry, John Rumm got in first and he is taking it away shortly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , nightjar writes

So I saw.

Good luck with the move

Reply to
raden

"nightjar .uk.com>"

professionally

I've got a pair of stairlifts to get rid of up in Yorkshire. (Two flights with half landing but I'd say the tracks would easily join into one) Anyone interested can email me direct by removing the AS spamblocker

John

Reply to
John