OT:Decisions, decisions ..

What to do with 227 Royal Mail shares ?

Instinct is to sell £750 worth, and keep the rest ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Presumably you would end up with a small holding. I would suggest either selling all or keeping all.

Reply to
Michael Chare

That rather depends upon whether:

a) you need £750 and this is the only way to get it, or b) you think they have reached your target price.

In the case of 'b', if you think that a fiver is what Royal Mail is worth per share and they're unlikely to go up much more, sell the lot.

If you plan to keep them, you should set up a stop loss on the shares you have so that they are automatically sold if the price tanks on, say, industrial action.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

This is though how large corporations get control of our companies. Nobody here seems to think about keeping them as an investment any more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't think many people "keep" shares as an investment any-more. Most of the money made by big companies (and hence lost by the small investor) seems to come from the act of trading rather than keeping. I was amazed to discover that the average duration of any shareholding is less than 30 seconds.

news

Huge

Now there's being a parasite..........

Reply to
harryagain

In message , Brian Gaff writes

The secret of a good investment strategy is to sell too soon. I learnt that lesson the hard way with LTSB shares From £5 to 50p in one easy move thanks to the lying devious toad Brown.

Reply to
bert