OT cross London query....

Sometimes, but usually only when going to Charing Cross. Usually it goes through Bromley South, then nonstop.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Depends on your priorities.;-)

Folding bike and then ride or Boris bike hire. Or just run. It's under 5 miles.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Victoria to Clapham Junction. That's the start of the Overground. Overground to Olympia. Less than half an hour if you're lucky with trains

- ie not at the moment with the Southern strike. Assuming you have a travel card that allows any route.

Most seem to go for the tube. I far prefer trains. Most don't realise just how extensive that part is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it stop at a station which does?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure I'd recommend cycling through Central London for someone not used to it. Bad enough driving. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, yes. Much more convenient if the Tube did it. I doubt that a Zone

1-2 travelcard works, either.

Well, not planning to go soon! And I tend (on the whole) to go in via St Pancras now, so the problem reduces to the OP's!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Trains through London Bridge don't go to Victoria; they go to Clapham Junction or Cannon Stret.

Reply to
charles

Depends if you enjoy being fried alive on a hot day.

That I don't know. My Freedom pass allows me to choose the route I fancy using. Which may not be the most firect, but more pleasant. Or rather less unpleasant. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not really a problem on the District Line round there.

It might well do...on investigation.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My Error Charing Cross - not Clapham Junction

Reply to
charles

Non-peak trains from here rarely go to Charing Cross.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Did wonder. Clapham Junction to London Bridge isn't the easiest of journeys.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Change at Clapham Junction and the London overground to Olympia service starts from platform 2. Only takes a few minutes. The Olympia station is the old Motorrail station so the platforms are widely spaced and ultra-long. It is right alongside Olympia and a short walk from Hammersmith giratory.

Also avoids going into Zone 1 so has (did have) a massive effect on the cost of a season ticket.

OT And adjacent to the (newer) down platform is the original victorian platform made of huge stone slabs. Worth a fortune in an antique scrap yard, but they are just sitting there abandoned.

Reply to
Andrew

Waterloo East and it's a short walk then to Waterloo and hence CJ.

Reply to
Tim Streater

As previously stated, trains I take into Victoria don't go through Clapham Junction.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Only for the Charing Cross trains (mainly at peak times)

Reply to
Bob Eager