OT: Crisis, what crisis?

I see the grid frequency sagged a bit just now but seems to have recovered. Solar has flopped to zero, wind gives us a bit more than

2GW, fossil+nuc is really holding the fort as Dinorwig kicks in.

Churchill wants to know what reserves we have.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Donno but there's 350 MW of OCGT running now (1350 22/1). Strangely coal is only 2.22 GW and CCGT 25.48 GW so plenty of head room on those.

We are also exporting to the Dutch (0.38 GW) but importing from France (1.85 GW) and Belgium (1 GW)

A mere 2 GW from wind and solar combined.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice