OT: Buying a telly.

I suppose it must be;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Upscaled medium bandwidth HD will still have all the dynamical edge artefacts of standard HD - you don't get something for nothing. True 4k HD gives you an artefact border that is half the width and at normal viewing distances all but invisible on a large screen.

You used to be able to go and see whole wall of malfunctioning and generally badly setup TVs in Comet before they went bust. It always amazed me that people would buy from a shop that couldn't even set up its display models to work correctly. But they did to some extent.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Forgive them Lord for they know not what they view..

Amen..

Know what you mean 'tho sometimes when around friends houses I sometimes itch to set the bloody TV up better but the issue is if it develops a problem then it'll be deemed all your fault on the logic of ...

"it was all right before you touched it"!...

Reply to
tony sayer

I heard there was soething alomg the linbes of giving yuor social media passwords to samsung so you can use the social apps on the TV.So my friends never cuse that smart feature.

Reply to
whisky-dave