OT (but sorta apt). Online Chat not working (TSOHosts) +

Hi All,

After getting some (what I hope will prove to be) very good advice here I have been playing with TSOHosts. ;-)

One problem I'm currently suffering (and have reported, demonstrated remotely but so far hasn't been acknowledged as 'their problem' and so not resolved) is the Live Chat option doesn't work from any machine here (and that includes my phone when on WiFi or mobile BB)?

When the Tech Support guy connected remotely using Teamviewer (live Linux session here) he observed the issue, opened up some sort of browser dialogue box and looked at the code etc) but they have just closed the ticket?

So, given that I *can* use any other 'Live Chat' function I've ever tried (ironically including 123-reg) I really can't see how / why it could be an issue at 'this end'.

That said, I have used the Live Chat successfully from elsewhere and including places with pretty similar setups (AV / FW / OS etc) as I've tried here ...?

So, could someone who uses TSOHosts confirm that they can access the Live Chat function (specifically from the 'Open New Ticket' area but I think I've seen a floating 'Live Chat' button and one by the header

*sometimes*?) or shed any light on why it might not work?

Also, when sending IMAP email via the default Mail app on (only so far) SGS7/8, the mail isn't also copied into the Sent mail folder? It's fine on the Gmail app, Outlook app or the older mail app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab2.

Apparently (again / ironically) it used to work (from the same phones) on 123-reg and it's been suggested that could be a feature of cPanel (as opposed to the inhouse TSOHosts panel)?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I have just started a live chat with them but not via the myTSOHosts > Support > Open New Ticket area.

Reply to
T i m

I'm not a fan of live chat and generally prefer to raise tickets via a web form when available but did try their live chat for the first time last week. It didn't work for me so I raised the ticket via the web form. I just assumed the chat software wasn't compatible with my system (Firefox on FreeBSD). One of our other users has used live chat in the past with Windows and it worked OK for her.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

When it's 'urgent' it's Webchat or the phone though. ;-)

I actually got though via my Smartphone tonight and a laptop using Chrome but they said something about 'only if an agent is free'?

Well I tried it on IE/FF and Chrome on XP, FF/Chrome on W10 and FF on Linux and all with same result, nothing. Now you would have thought when their support agent connected to a live Linux instance (Pen drive) via Teamviewer he would have suggested that the lack of available agents could be the cause?

And surely if you are looking to encourage users onto Live Chat over the phone you would make it pretty compatible X platform (like every other 'Live Chat' I've ever used?

It worked ok tonight for me via Chrome on my Phone (over the default browser on an S7 phone?) and Chrome on Windows 7 laptop so I know it does work ... it's just the when and why I'm trying to pin down. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m