OT Benefits of WTO/no deal

(Lilley's report.)

harry

harry wrote on 07/01/2019 :

That, at a quick glance, makes a lot of sense.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

No doubt few will follow the link because of who posted it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns expressed precisely :

Well, a sensible link for once!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It's quite correctly exposing a lot of the nonsense that I've heard.

Doesn't mean all the total bollocks is on one side, though.

Reply to
newshound

As all such things, it has cherry picked the parts which suits its argument.

I also find it very odd that an extreme right wing Tory seeks an alliance with some nondescript Labour politician to produce such a document. Wonder who paid for it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) pretended :

I am just surprised there has been so little comment on the document, in this ng. Usually Brexit is the hot topic :')

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I think he reason is the original poster of report is where the problem is, it;s usually racist crap so most just ignore him.

But even so when whether remain or belive such documents are rarely if ever balanced and at worst an advert for whatever side the poster supports.

Although I've yet to see one supporting T i m's idea of voting NOTA as a means of deciding on such things.

Reply to
whisky-dave

On 15:39 8 Jan 2019, Harry Bloomfield snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk>

wrote in news:q12g8g$dd9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

The lead author, Peter Lilley, gave an interview on Radio 4's Today programme in which his key arguments were quickly taken apart by the interviewer. There's not much else to know.

The document is another unworldly Brexit fantasy which assumes the ROW will want to trade with the UK despite us defaulting on a large agreed repayment. Lilley thinks that putting this default into arbitration will somehow make the EU so well disposed towards us that it will give us a generous trade deal. lol.

Reply to
Pamela

'Nothing is agreed unless everything is agreed'.

Today's Today? I heard Davis, not Lilley ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Lilley was one of those politicians I distrusted on sight. In the days when it wasn't fashionable to do so. Not found any reason to change that view. Just an older Rees Mogg.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 16:40 8 Jan 2019, Andy Burns snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I think it was yesterday's programme.

Reply to
Pamela

On 16:54 8 Jan 2019, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Two months ago Peter Lilley said in a radio interview:

"Two years? I could negotiate Brexit in just 10 minutes!"

Yeah, right. With nonsense like that it's no wonder we got into a mess.

Reply to
Pamela