OT: "BBC switch-off to force almost a million households to get smart meters "

Well, they could just lose the split-tariff ability. They are not being forced to switch, they will only need to switch if they want to continue to benefit from the Economy tariffs. Surely the meters will continue to work in the 'normal' mode?

Reply to
Davey

A lot of split tariff customers might not be at all happy with their meters reverting to a flat rate.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's The Daily Fail so any chance to bash the BBC.

Reply to
mm0fmf

FSVO "normal". If I had storage heaters I would expect them to be switched on during the off-peak time and for the electricity to be charged at the off-peal rate.

They could always go back to using time switches, possibly newfangled quartz ones with rechargeable battery or supercapacitor backup rather than synchronous with a clockwork reserve.

Reply to
Max Demian