OT:Astonomy question (8 yr old standard)

Light pollution is maybe now reduced in towns that have converted to LED street lighting. Around my way the new fittings are better designed to direct the light downwards rather than attempting to light the sky above.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes I knew it was Venus, but my fingers wrote Mercury, OK?

Reply to
Andy Burns

As for predicting yuo should find out where the ISS is and predict that. Someone tried to convince others that it was a UFO This was outside a near Tottenham Court Road peolpe staring up and pointing. There's quite a few apps for ISS spottign and some show the onboard webcams which is nice.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Just came across Celestia tagged in a best FOSS of 2016 page.

Adrian Caspersz