OT Ask the police

Reasonable force takes into account the effects of fear and adrenalin. If you do serious damage then it can still be reasonable force if you are being attacked. You are not expected to remain calm and calculating unless you have prior training so someone trained in martial arts may well be done after inflicting less damage than an average person inflicts and is cleared.

Reply to
dennis

He's taking the piss.

Reply to
dennis

But surely one would have to be a doddering old fossil to justify

You don't need to drink port to get gout. Its caused by uric acid crystals forming in bits of the body and any diuretic is likely to make it worse.

Reply to
dennis

Nearly everyone carries a weapon with them, its usually on a key ring.

Reply to
dennis

Friend of a colleague of mine was on the way home from a historical enactment. He wasn't carrying any weapons, but was wearing his chainmail & gloves. He was mugged.

Mugger produced a knife. Some bemusement from FOAC. Until the mugger slashed him across the chest with the knife.

Cue chinking noise, and surprised looking mugger. FOAC then punched him.

I believe FOAC got off the charge of assault, but it went to court.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris
[...]

Well you can't be suffering from gout, then. Gout sufferers invariably have infeasibly large bandages around their foot and are wheeled around in bath chairs. They also wear monocles and goose young attractive women. Did you never watch the Two Ronnies?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In article , Simon263 scribeth thus

Oi! Sonny!, I've been getting the odd attack of gout since I was 18 years old.

Suggest you read up on the subject sometime;!...

Reply to
tony sayer