OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

-'quat' or QAC..

The majority that I have used have been based on Chloramine-T.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Have you ever cleaned a butchers block? I have and its a job and a half if its done correctly. You scrape the top surface off, removing all the blood and guts and the top surface and then you wipe it down. That is why they are always curved in odd ways as they get scrapped unevenly.

Reply to
dennis

YXBp.6674$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.ams...

Good luck with it...and if you're having a neon sign advertising your burgers as being Angus, may your "g" never dim! c",)

Reply to
Lino expert

[...]

Gourmet Burger Kitchen haven't been going that long, but also back up the idea that there's more to the burger market than McD and BK. (Being a franchise changes the marketing situation though.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Not eating meat is an unnatural act for an omnivore.

Reply to
PeterC

We're doomed then. Before you can say "Mantlebum" it'll be compulsory.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

Ye wanna try their mint and chocolate flavoured version of Angel Delight

- or advisely not for ye will deliver a carrot topped pavement pizza quite readily (sorry) after imbiding some of that artificial strangeness. Also their Jelly (as in Jelly & Ice-Cream) tastes rather, er, different. So much so, that ye have to eat something foul to reset the balence.

Better plan, stick to the Donuts.

Reply to
Adrian C

LOL ! and thanks for the good wishes.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

There's a GBK near where my daughter attended university in Kingston on Thames. Oddly, as I like decent burgers, I didn't actually take to their menu. It was just a tad *too* gourmet for me ... I don't know whether or not it is a 'fixed' menu dictated by the franchisers, or whether the franchisees are free to alter it to their own tastes. It is the only one I've seen, so I don't know whether the menu varies between individual outlets.

I'm not too sure that I would want to take on a franchise. They can be a bit rigid, so although it's *your* business on paper, in practice, it's still theirs because of the control they exert over the way it is presented and marketed. I think for me, that would be a bit too stifling. At least one of the Micky Ds near me is a franchise rather than company store. Two of my kids worked there in the holidays and when in sixth form, and I can remember them talking about how the owner had to take part in all the promotions that the company stores had, but was not free to offer his own promotions with out express approval from the company.

Arfa

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Hmm, that sounds like it's going to be overpriced and I haven't even ever seen one. Think I prefer Arfa's approach.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There's a menu on their web site that doesn't make any mention of individual variation, so I suspect it's fixed centrally:

"100% Aberdeen Angus", I don't know if that's different in practice from your Certified Angus or not.)

I wasn't trying to suggest you should copy them or become a franchisee, just another example of burgers that aren't competing directly with the McDonalds end of things.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

In theory it means that they only use meat from Aberdeen Angus cattle. Certified Angus doesn't mean they use Aberdeen Angus but they may.

Reply to
dennis

My mouth's watering.

Reply to
Huge

That's my (rather poorly put) point.

Reply to
Huge

But you did infer it, didn't you?

Maybe I do, but so do you, unwittingly or not.

But f health and safety have passed it... Come on Colin.

Reply to
David Paste

Just another chain, identical in every high str.

17 September 2010 Nando's to buy Gourmet Burger Kitchen firm for £30m
Reply to
djc

I remember a really good cafe/bar (about 20 years ago) where they did some very nice burgers in various varieties. I really liked the...Burger Provencale! I used to stay near there when I was on courses in Reading - the place was in old Basingstoke. Think it was called Jozefs...

Reply to
Bob Eager

ITYM imply. Infer means something different.

F'rinstance, you're inferring that he implied it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No it isn't.

Reply to
chris French

If you're correcting typos, you could also sort out your 'it's' and your 'its'.

I think you managed to get them all wrong in your original post!

Reply to
Jim Newman