OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

I have made my own burgers in the past.. 100% sirloin steak put through a chopper. These days I just eat the steak.

Reply to
dennis

Local butcher is doing steak and buckfast pies ready-to-eat take- away.

Very popular apparently with the primary school kids.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nope, all of those cherry+cola drinks make me barf and yes that includes you Dr Pepper.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Indeed, yes. You will be very welcome. I'll point you at it when we are established.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

CAB is "Certified Angus Beef". I'll tell you about the name nearer to opening in a few weeks time.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I'll pass it on to the powers that be ! If you want a decent quality burger, without having to pop over to the states, try TGI's. I had not been there for a while, and we all went last night. Seems to me that their prices have come down a bit, and I have to say, being fussy about my burgers too, that I had absolutely no complaint at all about the size, quality, taste or cooking of the double stack bacon cheeseburger that I had. Likewise, the other people in the party. For a change, eating out in this country, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It is essential that children are catered for. Part of our new venture, is also a milkshake bar. We had this in both of our cafes, and it provided an extremely good revenue stream for us, and was much loved by the kids. With the 'American' theme of the new place, it fits very well into the overall scheme. Sounds like the place you are citing, had a naive business model, and approach. Plus, that sounds like a bad location to me. Footfall is important, but it has to be the right sort of footfall from the right customer demographic. This is where a lot of startups go wrong, and is part of the reason that it took us so long after selling our cafes, to find the right spot for this enterprise. Hopefully, the approach that we are adopting, coupled to the location we have, will ensure success but, being pretty experienced business people, we are under no illusions that it's going to be an easy ride. Only time will tell, I guess ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Dr. Pepper. The second biggest disappointment of my first visit to the USA. Right after Hershey's "chocolate". They both got thrown away.

Reply to
Huge

And can we have pictures?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

For me it was "Root Beer". What the hell is that flavour anyway, toilet duck ? It reminds me of Euthymol toothpaste.

Hershey's syrup makes O.K. chocolate milk shakes.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

Oh, yeah. That too.

Sarsparilla (sp?), isn't it? Vile, anyhow.

Reply to
Huge

Ah, root beer. Yeah I'm with you on that one. Can't stand it. Or cream soda.

Dr Pepper or Cherry coke all the way :)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Yeah, TGI isn't bad - not been for a while. Keep meaning to try a GBK as well next time I'm in london. Sounds promising and I've heard good things.

No Cherry Coke though :-( Annettes diner in disneyland paris is probably the nicest cherry coke I've had - bit random in quality of food though...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Kinky Boo^H^Hurgers ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Very possibly. I believe that the daughter is intending having some kind of on-line presence with the place, so I'll point you at that when it's done. She wants to keep it all a bit '5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Open!' at the moment. Should look pretty impressive though, I think. The counter that I'm building is a bloody masterpiece of design and engineering, and has allowed me to buy all sorts of new and useful tools ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Which meant nothing to me until I looked it up. Nevertheless, it is still a burger, which I will only eat if I've made it myself. The one exception used to be a restaurant where you could see the food being prepared and they made a very good burger. The current owner uses wooden boards instead of plates, which I view as microbiologically suspect, so I no longer eat there.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Shhhh...

Reply to
PeterC

Google "wood" and "antibacterial" and you'll find dozens of references to wood's natural antibiotic properties.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Anti-bacterial properties breed resistant strains. Surfaces that can be completely cleaned of bacteria do not.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , Arfa Daily writes

Are you goign to be doing decent icecreams?

I keep looking out for places that will decent things like banana splits, knickerbocker glories, sundaes etc.

Hard to find places that does those now.

Reply to
chris French