OT Apprentices must really like bollockings

Not always my choice ATM:-(

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You seem to have made a mistake:-)

I just don't want pulling over by plod because he has no seatbelt on.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The space above intentionally left blank.

Reply to
Tim Streater

A "youtube moment"!

Reply to
Adam Funk

Speaking as a dyslexic, I had no difficulty interpreting the table... so I think it must be just good old fashioned dumbness ;-)

Yeah but, you read it ok as well!

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't GAS what the HC says. If you ride in my car, you wear a seatbelt. I don't want to have to hose your brains off the upholstery.

Of course, Adam's van may not belong to him.

Reply to
Huge

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise, merely arguing who is technically responsible.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Damn. In that case he gets to walk.

Reply to
Huge

Phew. Situation normal.

Reply to
Huge

It is my van. Official work policy is let them get a £60 fine if you want to UNLESS the tyres on the van are a bit worn then, they must wear a belt.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I think my policy would be belt up or walk. I'd hate the idea of an apprentice of any shape or size rattling around in my van after some impact. You have a duty towards your own safety.

Reply to
Fredxx

Anyone travelling in the vehicle aged 14 years and above is responsible for wearing their seat belt.

Assume your apprentice is over 14 :-)

Reply to
Rick

16 is the minimum age limit where the female passenger can be shagged in both the front and back seat.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Just think what would happen if the air bag went off, you would be dead now. Air bags make it safer *if* you are seated correctly and kill you if you are leaning down.

Reply to
dennis

Is everything black and white in dennisworld?

"would be dead" and (with a suggestion of the word will) "kill you". You make it sound like a fact. Of course an airbag can injure or kill you if you are not correctly restrained but you make it sound like a fact that you will die.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I never even set off. The temptation to set off and then slam the anchors on was there. I could do with a new windscreen as this one has done 100000 miles and is looking a little tired.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yebbut think of all the blood and guts you'd have to clear up from the dashboard, floor et. al.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Could get a second apprentice to do the cleanup... should be a sobering lesson ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

And if they do not clean it up properly can I give tham a bollocking:-)?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Air bags were first tried out as an alternative to seat belts - and were abandoned as dangerous to the point of being lethal. However later it was realised that they did work well in conjunction with seat belts. So the worst thing you can do is ride in a car with airbags without wearing the seat belt. You're a statistic waiting to happen.

Reply to
hugh