OT: Amazon Prime, not what it used to be

At 10:00 this morning I started searching for something for delivery tomorrow and discovered that I couldn?t find *anything* that could be delivered before Wednesday.

Now there have always been deadlines to beat to ensure next day delivery but I don?t know what it currently is other than ?pre-10 am?. Have they officially ditched the ?free next day delivery? for Prime members?

Of course things have been slipping for a while and I?ve noticed increasingly that ?next day delivery? is missing from many Prime offers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It is the billing that confuses me. I get lots of small amounts, about which I cannot remember

Reply to
Broadback

It?s easy enough to check your past orders though. Have you?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Completely agree. Prime now lists stuff which takes 3+ days to deliver. I assume that they are using the Prime tag because everyone now associates it with one day delivery, and so they are hitching other products onto it to trick you into buying.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Its becoming almost impossible to buy from, Amazon without it.,

Like ebay, a once great idea that has been comnpromised by being too greedy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It certainly requires you to keep your wits about you to avoid accidentally selecting Prime. There is a checkbox which says it will remember your chosen delivery mode, but fails to prevent it offering Prime at every opportunity.

OTOH, I generally manage to place the orders I want.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Maybe they are just preparing for Brexit. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

One thing, not being in prime is that although they often say something will take a week, its often, these days here within a couple of days. I don't really see the point in Prime myself unless you buy a heck of a lot of stuff and have various services at a discount as well, it makes no sense, Yes I'll take a free trial then make sure I cancel before the due date. I know, I'm mean, but my dosh is important. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If you order goods sold by Amazon but don't subscribe to Prime then will Amazon collect goods for return from your house?

I subscribe to Prime so I don't know how this works for non-members. I find the doorstep collection very handy.

Reply to
Pamela

For reasons unknown, products with next day delivery have reappeared for me. I did wonder if it had decided that I now lived out in the sticks (maybe they were redrawing their delivery time boundaries?) but it seems now that it was just a glitch in the system.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They left my parcel with my next door neighbour when I was out. Who then went away for a week. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. It seemed to re-select it with every click of the mouse. Luckily, had been warned about that. I very rarely use Amazon.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dunno, I got a few same day deliveries last time I had a Prime trial.

Without prime, things seem more random.

e.g. on the 3rd I ordered four items totalling over £20 to get free delivery between 7th and 9th, on the 4th they promoted one item to being delivered later on the 4th, then on the 7th they said the remaining items would arrive [later than promised] on the 10th, but on the 8th they said they'd actually arrive on the 8th, and they did.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you have inadvertently signed up for their one month prime trail and then cancelled I note that next time you make the same mistake it isn't a free one month trial - it's a 1 week trail costing 99p.

Reply to
alan_m

It can be a nice challenge. All you need do is imagine you're staring into Jeff Bezos's gurning face, and kneeing him in the nuts, every time you thwart his evil purposes.

The greedy little slaphead also sent me an email saying my Amazon account was incomplete as a result of my not providing a mobile number; and threatening all sorts of the dire consequences should I chose not to comply.

Prevent lockouts ? Your loss, Baldy!

michael adams

michael adams

It's supposed to be in case I forget my password. Why should I ever do that? They already have my landline number if they want to talk to me.

They don't even say it's for "two stage authentication" which other companies like PayPal or eBay say they want your mobile number for.

Reply to
Max Demian