OT: Amazon Prime, not what it used to be

At 10:00 this morning I started searching for something for delivery tomorrow and discovered that I couldn’t find *anything* that could be delivered before Wednesday.
Now there have always been deadlines to beat to ensure next day delivery but I don’t know what it currently is other than “pre-10 am”. Have they officially ditched the “free next day delivery” for Prime members?
Of course things have been slipping for a while and I’ve noticed increasingly that “next day delivery” is missing from many Prime offers.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 09/09/2019 10:27, Tim+ wrote:

It is the billing that confuses me. I get lots of small amounts, about which I cannot remember

It’s easy enough to check your past orders though. Have you?
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Next day delivery has not been ditched but one of Amazon's getouts is that it allegedly takes a day or two to pick the item and despatch it. Sometimes this is true if it comes from a foreign warehouse.
When delivery times don't seem right, I have found the actual scheduled delivery on the order page may be different to the other times shown.
One thing, not being in prime is that although they often say something will take a week, its often, these days here within a couple of days. I don't really see the point in Prime myself unless you buy a heck of a lot of stuff and have various services at a discount as well, it makes no sense, Yes I'll take a free trial then make sure I cancel before the due date. I know, I'm mean, but my dosh is important. Brian
--
----- --

If you order goods sold by Amazon but don't subscribe to Prime then will Amazon collect goods for return from your house?
I subscribe to Prime so I don't know how this works for non-members. I find the doorstep collection very handy.
On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 09:27:46 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Completely agree. Prime now lists stuff which takes 3+ days to deliver. I assume that they are using the Prime tag because everyone now associates it with one day delivery, and so they are hitching other products onto it to trick you into buying.
Cheers
Dave R

On 09/09/2019 13:55, David wrote:

Its becoming almost impossible to buy from, Amazon without it.,
Like ebay, a once great idea that has been comnpromised by being too greedy.

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

It certainly requires you to keep your wits about you to avoid accidentally selecting Prime. There is a checkbox which says it will remember your chosen delivery mode, but fails to prevent it offering Prime at every opportunity.
OTOH, I generally manage to place the orders I want.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Quite. It seemed to re-select it with every click of the mouse. Luckily, had been warned about that. I very rarely use Amazon.
--
*Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one? *

It can be a nice challenge. All you need do is imagine you're staring into Jeff Bezos's gurning face, and kneeing him in the nuts, every time you thwart his evil purposes.
The greedy little slaphead also sent me an email saying my Amazon account was incomplete as a result of my not providing a mobile number; and threatening all sorts of the dire consequences should I chose not to comply.
Prevent lockouts ? Your loss, Baldy!
michael adams
On 09/09/2019 20:53, michael adams wrote:

It's supposed to be in case I forget my password. Why should I ever do that? They already have my landline number if they want to talk to me.
They don't even say it's for "two stage authentication" which other companies like PayPal or eBay say they want your mobile number for.
--
Max Demian

On 09/09/2019 14:36, Chris J Dixon wrote:

If you have inadvertently signed up for their one month prime trail and then cancelled I note that next time you make the same mistake it isn't a free one month trial - it's a 1 week trail costing 99p.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

For reasons unknown, products with next day delivery have reappeared for me. I did wonder if it had decided that I now lived out in the sticks (maybe they were redrawing their delivery time boundaries?) but it seems now that it was just a glitch in the system.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Maybe they are just preparing for Brexit. Brian
--
----- --
In article

They left my parcel with my next door neighbour when I was out. Who then went away for a week. ;-)
--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Tim+ wrote:

Dunno, I got a few same day deliveries last time I had a Prime trial.

Without prime, things seem more random.
e.g. on the 3rd I ordered four items totalling over £20 to get free delivery between 7th and 9th, on the 4th they promoted one item to being delivered later on the 4th, then on the 7th they said the remaining items would arrive [later than promised] on the 10th, but on the 8th they said they'd actually arrive on the 8th, and they did.