OT: Am I missing something?

I'm sure I have posted this here before, but here goes.

You must have seen complimentory salted pea nuts on pub bars, these are left there to give you a thirst and get you to buy another pint.

Research by a university took samples from one bowl of nuts and found that there were 27 different types of urine in the bowl.

I've declined them ever since.

Dave

Reply to
dave

There are more bugs in my gut than on my hands, or on anyone's peanuts.

I don't regard the stomach as really 'inside' me at all. Its a bag into which food enzymes and chemistry are poured, and many things die, ane get reprocessed, and many more things live. Fortunately it has a pressure relief valve and a drain tap.

If things get out of kilter;

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

how undoubtedly "first person" your outlook is...!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

dave gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Adrian

Not my fault if you haven't the stomach for the reality ;-)

god help you if you ever have a baby or a pet cat or dog.

You will have to get used to digestive tract ephemera pretty quickly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

it's your version that's unusual

2 kids 2 dogs and a cat

your call piss fingers

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble saying something like:

Istr an analysis of pub peanuts in bowls revealed an average of 28 different urine traces.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Well they are salted ...

YSTR an urban legend IWS

If I go through life and the worst that I get is piss flavoured peanuts, I won't have done so badly

When I'm in the far east, the best food comes from roach coaches and street vendors. Ice and veg washed in water - f*ck it, bring it on, exposure to "bugs" has meant that I very rarely get sick

This "anal" approach (bad word really) to cleanliness, where the body is insulated from anything bad means that any exposure to even minor bugs will take a hairdresser down at 100 metres

Reply to
geoff

Doesn't work with cholera and giardia, which means you need to take care of the water supply. Once your water has bugs like that in it, life gets messy.

Reply to
Clive George

Hundreds of bacteria! Ooh, a snake! It's a snake!

How many bacteria live in our gut, trillions? How many in our mouth? I guess they are banking on people's ignorance.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Best to stay out of the bathroom altogether, it's teeming with germs.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I hate those stupid fan driers, both for the noise and the time they take. They are almost as annoying as leaf-blowers. I just dry my hands on my shirt/trou/wife whichever is more convenient.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

And dogs eat cat shit.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Some Hindus drink it for their health.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I had the same attitude until I got a dose of norovirus. Now I wash my hands after being anywhere near young kids. That thing really is contagious. As for food, I love the street vendor cuisine. In my youth I spent a couple of months in North Africa, dining in soup kitchens and the like, without a hint of any gut trouble. On the evening before I left I treated myself to a meal in a posh French restaurant. Yeah, you guessed it. Had the trots all night.

Reply to
stuart noble

The whole effing world is teeming with germs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. I was being ironic.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Boil the Yakult to kill the bacteria. You know it makes sense.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Never heard of giardia, but yes - if there was a breakout of cholera, it would be bad news - but then there are plenty of other statistically more probably ways to get very ill or die

I didn't take malaria pills either - not really an option for the long term expat

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Keep your dong stuff to yourself, tyvm.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon