OT AA breakdown

Just making general enquiries for a mate here.

Apparently there is a workaround online telling you how to reset the ECU on an Alfa Romeo, but I'm wondering whether the modern AA patrol guys might have software on their laptops for this kind of thing. Seems a flat battery causes the whole system to shut down on this particular car. It's so long since I called them out I don't know how hi tec they are these days. Any thoughts appreciated

Reply to
stuart noble

stuart noble gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oh, yes. Definitely.

alt.autos.alfa-romeo might be a good place to ask - but a bit more detail than just "an Alfa Romeo" would be a good start.

Very. They have to be.

Reply to
Adrian

If you or he are members, why not just call them out and see?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I didn't want to get into fixing the problem, only finding out whether the AA could reasonably be expected to do so. The workaround requires standing about for an hour, so I thought they must have a quicker way

Great. That's what I needed to know.

Reply to
stuart noble

Yes, but it will them at least an hour to arrive - so you might as well do it yourself in the meantime!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'd rather see what the AA bloke does and hopefully get some advice about what to do next time. If a flat battery knocks out the entire electronic control unit, that would be useful information to have.

Reply to
stuart noble