Open vent heating pumping over

Why do hoh only get idiots posting? Could it be the sensible ones see the d ate & walk away?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dunno... If you want a web portal to usenet, then as they go its not too bad. It even allows proper quoting if you know how to drive it. Perhaps its all too difficult for the facebook generation!

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm not an anything to do with heating. But I am a bit surprised that you agree with him that the black stuff is hydrogen deposited as sludge. I thought it was iron (II) oxide...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Sorry, was > I thought it was iron (II) oxide...

Indeed it is.

Reply to
John Rumm

Apparently, meaning I just looked it up, magnetite, which contains Fe(II) and Fe(III) is more stable than Fe(II)0 (which exists as Fe(OH)2 in water) in reducing conditions.

Just as a matter of interest!

Reply to
Roger Hayter

The kindest thing would be to add a criteria of "Re:" in the title.

Thankfully HOH replies are few and far between, perhaps an indication of the traffic they get!

Reply to
Fredxx

This is a great and helpful reference post in context. Thanks for posting.

Reply to
Blippetyblop