One radiator hot one half (right) and warm the other (left)

I have one radiator in my bathroom that is hot on the right side, where the TRV is located, and warm on the other left side.

I've bled the radiators but little/no air was released and the pressure on the boiler when cold is 1bar (which the manual says is fine.

Any ideas?

Reply to
tvmo

Perhaps the lockshield (left) valve is closed too far. Take off the cap and open it a bit (after first closing it to see how far open it was originally).

Reply to
John

very slow flow has a few causes, eg valve not open, sludge, shorted pipework, or CH pump set much lower than is actually needed, or a stuck 2 way valve. I'm no plumbing expert though!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

tvmo wrote on 30/01/2009 :

Sound like inadequate flow, or air locked. Try closing all of the other radiators down and just that one fully open.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
John

Thanks all,

The lock-shield valve on all the rads are fully open. Does the system have to be balanced if there are TVRs on every radiator?

Cheers

Reply to
tvmo

This could be your problem - just try closing some of them and see if this makes the radiator hot. The lockshields are to encourage the water to go where it may not want to go. Throttle down the ones that get hot quickest. Then search for radiator balancing.

Reply to
John

Yes if you don't want one (or more) rads to have to wait until the others have warmed the room up. It doesn't need to be done as carefully as a system without controls.

Reply to
dennis

Sorry for the time it's taken me to get back.

I closed some of the valves down part way and the radiator got fully hot.

All the valves on the rads are fully opened so I'm going to get some radiator thermometres to balance the system.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
tvmo

You can do a rough balance by dashing around when the heating first comes on and noting which radiator starts to get hot first - throttle this one back - repeat many times until all get hot together.

Reply to
John