old drawing

So I have this 18 year old, badly faded print of an A2 architects garage design.

Probably CAD but the architect has now no means of producing fresh copies.

I submitted a photo (jpeg) to planning in support of an application for a certificate of established use. Sadly rejected and 21 days deadline for an acceptable version to be received.

I can pencil in the faded detail but how best to get this copied for submission and what format is acceptable?

Does this sort of facility exist on the high street?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Depends where your high street is:

Richard

Not on every high street, but ask the planning office as they may know of somewhere local that does plan copying. Or ask any architect's office. They may have a machine in-house or be able to tell you. Google your town and plan printing or plan copying eg

For a certificate of established use would they accept 2 x A3 prints, ie half and half? Lots of libraries etc have an A3 copy/printer these days.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Looks the job.

Can you offer one near St. Albans?

Google turns up lots of print shops but none contacted so far can do A2.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Maybe?

Reply to
Richard

38 Holywell Hill

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote in news:581ae98a-7ea8-4b97-a188- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I helped a friend do hotel fire evacuation plans for a time. He would start with a drawing - I would use a scan or photo of the drawing on my computer and use Microsoft Visio to draw a new layer over it. This new layer became the new master drawing.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

OK chaps. Searching on *plan copying* produced several locally.

Thanks

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , DerbyBorn writes

Sounds a bit technical for me!

Kallkwik offer a digitising/ service.

I have wondered if photo shop could help remove discolouration and builders scribbles and the jpeg be converted to pdf for presentation.

I think the first move is to try the plan copiers and see if the quality is good enough for submission.

Ta.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The formats accepted are listed here

Peter Parry

seems to favour A3 digitised images and PDF for submission

Reply to
Peter Parry

also, he may have no way himself to copy his data, but if he still has the data somewhere it might be possible to get it reprinted. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Whjat IU have dine in te past from old mdel aircraft planms is to sharpen as best as i can with photopi8ahnt or the GIMP (use the gamma curve function) then retrace it in Corel Draw,

Sometimes enhanceent with gamma curves is enough

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

First move is get it *scanned* or scan it yourselve in A4 sections

Then get going with the graphic tools - photopaint/photoshop/gimp etc. to resassmeble the fragments and get the contrast up .

THEN if its still no good, trace it with e.g. corel Draw.

export to PDF and then get it printed

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Peter Parry writes

Lots on there I have never heard of!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Umm.. My CAD technical ability doesn't even stretch to Sketch-up:-(

My eldest daughter works as a book designer and is fluent in photo shop so I guess something might be done. I'll tidy up the original and send her some photos for adjustment. Presumably, unless the end result has some CAD treatment, scale becomes doubtful?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

What does the Planning Department define as an "acceptable version"? Does it have to be in some specified digital format, or is a hard copy ok as long as it's readable?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I happened to be in Office Outlet the other day - branches all over the country.

They have a corner with a large selection of industrial printers/scanners/etc - I assume that you pay per print/scan.

There used to be a Staples there before, so it is possible that they are the same company.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You could photograph in sections and stitch together ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk